Dear Future Wife: Choices and Consequences


I came back from work today with no one to welcome me with a smile or a warm hug (smiles) not even my noisy neighbors were outside the house, when I came in couple of minutes ago. I sometimes picture you asking me questions like:
How was your day today?
How was work?
To answer your question, work today was fine, didn’t do much today at the office and the clients were quiet cheerful today.
I need you to understand that life is a matter of the choices you make and the consequences that follows after, just as there is harvest after planting season. To become a good wife, sister, mother, colleague and citizen is a matter of choice; it is not something that happens by chance. Nah! It is not something you wish for, it is something you are willing to invest your effort and time in. Nothing in life just happens, it is same with success and I need you to know that the choice you make today will determine on which side of history you belong: the forgotten side or the side it always remembers. Pardon the fact that I am shuffling between listening to: Outta my head by Simi and Praiz, typing you this message on my laptop and eating indomie and boiled egg, which by the way was the quickest thing to prepare, because I am really not in the mood to cook anything serious today, LOL so I understand how you will feel, when you don’t just feel like entering the kitchen. Back to our discussion, it is disheartening to note that young girls of these days feel that the only they can attract attention is by flaunting their posterity, forgetting that men respect women with brains and character, women who are homely and hardworking. I need you to understand that a woman will be judged by her contribution to the betterment of society and not the number of shoes she has in her closet, not by whether she wears the latest designers or shop in Paris, don’t get me wrong I am not against the good things of life, but I know you are a wise woman and you will always make the right choices, however do not be afraid of making mistakes, each time you make mistakes, pick up something as a lesson and get back on your feet. I have to go now, have a couple of movies lined up for the night to see after taking my bath. I wish for the night to kiss away your worries as you lay your head to sleep and for the gentle ray of sunlight to open your eyes to a beautiful day.

Good night Babe

Comments